I was asking a friend a question about the lecture we just had, when my professor, also a dean of our college, overheard me and asked me if I had a question he could answer. I shyly responded 'no, nothing really'. And he looked at me and said 'I am here to answer your questions but you would rather ask your friend that question than me?'. He smiled and walked away to answer someone else. It made me think.. How many times do we try to solve our problems by ourselves, when the GREAT I AM is here, as a friend, as a Father, to help us with our every need.
missing the obvious
I find myself in a funk today that I find myself in every so often.. it often happens when my life hangs in a haze, when all I see is fog and the beautiful sun glazed path to a beautiful and bright tomorrow isn't so obvious. My attitude shows it. My speech declares it. My life displays it. And yet I miss the obvious. Something ain't right... And it took me more than a second to realize that - that something is with me. I took a breath in a conversation with my cousin yesterday and realized my groans and complaints echoed through the empty car. These days, I have more complaints before the throne of God than praise for the infinite things that keep me walking instead of crawling. Rather than listing the things that I find wrong and totally unfair on this blog and further fuel my attitude of non-gratitude, I'll tell you what God kindly told me the other day...that I mildly ignored. (How amazing is the love of God that kindly nudges us and whispers to us wisdom to dra...
Comments
Post a Comment